Do you find yourself unmotivated to workout? Are you feeling sluggish & blue which is making it hard to get to the gym? We have all been there! However, motivation is a choice. (I know, I hate it when we are the problem.) If you are looking for motivation you must CHOOSE to be motivated first. Here are a few tricks to help make this process easier:
- Listen to your favorite pump-up music: when you’re feeling unmotivated, listening to your favorite up-tempo tunes can help to get you in the mood and give you the energy you need to stick with your workout.
- Make plans with a friend: exercising with a friend can help you stay accountable and give you the motivation you need to stick with your plan. This is why group classes are the BEST! Wee notice when you don’t show.
- Set small, achievable goals: instead of trying to do too much too quickly, set smaller goals that are achievable. This will help to keep you from getting discouraged when the going gets tough.
- Celebrate the little victories: from completing a set of reps to reaching a new personal record, celebrating the small victories can help to keep you motivated and drive you towards your bigger goals.
- Take a break: when you’re feeling bored or uninspired, taking a break from your regular routine can help reignite your motivation and bring new energy to your workout. We like to get outside when we are feeling unmotivated to workout. Sunshine and fresh air are medicine!
- And finally,