The Box is a great mix of weightlifting, metabolic conditioning, and kickboxing! While it might be obvious why we implemented kickboxing (it’s a freaking blast!!) there are a few less obvious benefits to kickboxing as well:
1. Improved cardiovascular health: Kickboxing is a high-intensity exercise which requires considerable amounts of energy. This can lead to healthier heart and lungs, with an increased capacity and strength.
2. Increased flexibility: The kicking and sparring movements involved in kickboxing can help improve flexibility, as well as the mobility of your joints.
3. Build strength and tone muscles: The various kicks, punches, and strikes in kickboxing can help to strengthen and tone muscles throughout the body, particularly the legs, hips, arms, and core.
4. Better coordination: Kickboxing requires a high degree of coordination between the upper and lower body, which can be improved by regular practice.
5. Reduce stress: Kickboxing is a great way to release stress, as it helps to release endorphins which can help reduce anxiety and depression. It feels SO good to release aggression on that bag!
6. Improved balance and agility: The various movements involved in kickboxing can help to improve balance and agility, which can be beneficial in many other areas of life.
7. Self-defense: Kickboxing is also an effective self-defense technique, as it can teach participants how to defend themselves in case of attack. 8. Increased confidence: you feel pretty badass as you are kicking and punching that bag!
Join us for a class and you’ll see just how fun it is!